A History of Growth Through Exceptional Electroplating
From humble beginnings to one of our Nation’s largest privately owned Electroplating and Metal Finishing companies!
Summit Plating was founded in 1948 as Summit Corporation of America by Leonard B. Foster. Starting out bronzing baby shoes in his home basement workshop, Leonard’s service dedication and innovative thinking lead to steady growth for Summit as it became a nationally-respected pioneer of “continuous plating” automation. Today our sprawling facility houses 160,000 s.f. of advanced electroplating and coating technologies. Along with our experienced management team, Summit employs approximately 70 skilled and dedicated plating craftsman, R&D technicians, and metal coating specialists.
In 2005, Summit transferred ownership while maintaining status as a 100% family owned and operated business. We are recognized as a leading provider of technologically advanced electroplating and surface finishing for a diverse group of industries world-wide, including aerospace clients with strict “NADCAP approval” quality requirements.
In 2018, Summit added to it’s service capabilities by acquiring the assets of Torpedo Specialty Wire — a respected fabricator of high-performing specialty composite wire and conductors. Along with expanding Summit’s plating capabilities, this acquisition provided the ability to manufacture and process base material used to meet client’s exacting requirements for plating.
This same year, Summit Corp. of America also incorporated a formal rebranding, adopting a more concise name “Summit Plating,” a new logo, and a new tagline: “Electroplating to Perform.”
Located in Thomaston, CT on the banks of the historic Naugatuck River, Summit Plating is conveniently located just minutes from major highways and less than 20 minutes from Oxford-Waterbury Airport, and less than an hour from Bradley International Airport.